- Spring Entry: November 15 - classes start January
- Summer Entry: March 15 - classes start April
- Fall Entry: July 15 - classes start August
To apply for the BSHS in Global Leadership in Disaster Response program, you’ll need:
- Completed Application
- 2.5 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
- Personal statement: Please include a 250–500 word essay describing your reasons for undertaking study at the George Washington University (GW) and your academic objectives, career goals, and related qualifications, including collegiate, professional, and community activities relevant to your program of interest. Include any substantial accomplishments not already mentioned on the application form.
- One letter of recommendation
- Application fee: A non-refundable application fee of $80 is required. The application fee is waived for active-duty U.S. military, current GW students, degree-holding GW alumni, current McNair Program Scholars, and graduates of minority-serving institutions (MSI).
Please submit an official transcript from every college and university you attended whether or not a degree was earned. Please request electronic delivery of an Official digital version to email@example.com.
Or if they only mail them:
The George Washington University
Health Sciences Programs
2600 Virginia Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20037
- All non-U.S. transcripts (including those in English) must be evaluated by an accredited foreign credential agency. Please find the list of member organizations here: https://www.naces.org/member
- Please submit any official military transcripts if applicable (e.g. JST, CCAF). Please indicate 'Joint Services Transcript' or 'CCAF' under Enrollment History.
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens are also required to submit official test scores for Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Pearson’s Test of English (PTE) Academics, or the academic International English Language Test System (IELTS). The following are the minimum scores for admission consideration:
- TOEFL: 250 computer-based or 100 internet-based; GW’s school code for the TOEFL is 5246
- PTE: overall score of 68
- IELTS: overall band score of 7.0, with no individual band score below 6.0
International applicants may be considered for admission without submitting the above scores if:
- You are a citizen of a country where English is the official language
- You hold a bachelor’s degree from a country where English is the official language and language of instruction
- You hold a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency
NOTE: This program is authorized, exempt, or not subject to state regulatory compliance and may enroll students from all 50 states, U.S. territories and the District of Columbia.
The BSHS in Global Leadership in Disaster Response program at GW consists of 60 credit hours and costs $635 per credit hour. Active Duty military tuition $250 per credit.
Note: Tuition rates are subject to change and additional fees may vary by program. Please call at (844) 386-7323 for more information.